If you’re looking for a tough, durable scuba diving light that can handle whatever you can throw at it, the Metalsub XRE1200-R might be what you’re looking for. Here’s the lowdown on this scuba light from Metalsub.
Metalsub XRE1200-R – The Facts
- This is a fully rechargeable scuba torch
- It comes with a Wireless contact charger (both mains and in car charger) for handy recharging with minimal risk of flooding
- The light can shine at 1,200 lumens and will do so for around 2 hours. If you need to get more out of it than that, the Metalsub XRE 1200-R has smart battery saving technology that allows you to use the torch at 75%, 50% or even 25% power to make the battery go further
- There’s an LED indicator on the MetalSub XRE 1200-R that indicates the level of battery you have left. Couple that with the power saving modes and Metalsub really is taking extra steps to make sure you don’t get caught out and left out in the dark!
- The Metalsub XRE 1200-R weighs just 500 grams but feels remarkably sturdy and tough
Metalsub XRE 1200-R – Our Rating
It’s a tough scuba torch with a really bright light, perfect for tough UK diving conditions. Priced at £250, this is more expensive than a lot of scuba torches on the market, but the reality is that you really do get what you pay for. Lightweight without feeling flimsy and equipped with power save modes and wireless charging technology, it’s a high performance product for the serious diver.
If you dive shallow in light and clear waters and don’t dive frequently, you probably don’t need to invest in a product like this one. But if you’re diving in the low visibility waters of the UK and you are doing so regularly, then you’ll want to invest in a high performance light. This is a great choice for regular divers as a primary light.
Bright, bold and smart.
Our rating: 4.5 out of 5
Metalsub XRE 1200-R – The Price
The best price we’ve found for the Metalsub XRE 1200-R is £250.00 at Simply Scuba.