I made the decision to buy my own regulator after just a handful of dives. I just couldn’t be ok with using regulators that had been used by others and where I didn’t know of any problems with the kit. And sharing mouthpieces?! Eww. Really?!
Anyway, more recently I upgraded my regulator to the ST1 by Atomic Aquatics. I’m incredibly happy with it. Here’s what you need to know.
Atomic ST1 Features
- This regulator has a first stage made of solid 316 stainless steel. That’s incredibly durable and not too far off the strength of titanium
- The second stage is made from titanium
- The Atomic Aquatics ST1 can be used with nitrox (mixtures up to 40%)
- Silicone mouthpiece designed for comfort
- Mouthpiece comes with tear resistant bite tabs
- Requires servicing only every 2 years or after 300 dives
This regulator is a particularly easy breathe one. The ST1 was the first stainless steel regulator and scores highly in reviews for ease of breathing.
Atomic ST1 Regulator Review
I’ve owned this for 4 months now and dived some 12 times with it – so I’m still something of a rookie user, I appreciate that. But by comparison to the two regulators I’ve previously owned, this is easier to maintain and offers up easy breathing.
Atomic Aquatics ST1 Price
I’ve seen this priced as high as £800 from some dive stores. But Simply Scuba retail this at £616.